After the end of World War II there was a big population movement from the centers of Los Angeles to the San Fernando Valley. As a result, a need for churches and schools developed in this area.
In 1951, a Preschool and Kindergarten were opened in a warehouse on the church property. The elementary school was opened in September 1951. Each year another grade was added. The mission continued with the opening of St. Genevieve High School to see the first enrolled classes successfully graduate. The first graduating accepted their diplomas in the spring of 1963. More than 8,000 young men and women have graduated from St. Genevieve High School.
In September of 1975 St. Genevieve Elementary School was staffed by the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians. In 2005 the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet assumed the leadership of the school, followed by the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament and Sisters of St. Joseph.